----- Original Message -----
From: "Jaume Lahuerta" Subject: K20D shutter button question

I have noticed a difference between the K20D shutter button action and the
rest of AF cameras I own (istDs, Optio W20, MZ-5n...).

In the latter, the buttons have 2 clear 'positions'. A first one in order to
focus and meter, and a second one in order to actually shot. For both one
has to push and one notices that he is activating it (i don't know how to
describe it more precisely in English, sorry).
In the K20D unit I am testing, the first 'push' is unnoticeable, I mean, the
only resistance that one notices in the button is for the actual shooting.
This means that the slightest pressure on the button already activates
shutter and focus. A bit disturbing since all cameras I have used before had
these 2 positions (except maybe a Mark III that I hold for a few minutes. I
tried to meter and, before even notice it, I had already made 10 pictures or
so...)

So, is this normal or is this a kind of faulty unit?

The activation on mine requires very little pressure, and very little
deflection of the button also.

William Robb