On Aug 5, 2008, at 1:22 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> From: Jack Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: August 5, 2008 11:55:35 AM PDT
> To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: Photokina Possibilities?
>

> I've waited this long for the K20D, I'm just going to wait 'til
> Sept's Photokina news is in the air. May wind up skipping the K20D(?)

Thanks for reminding me. I just picked up my K20 D this morning! IF
they come out with something better next month I'll be despondent.

> I won't be able to horse around even a fair size "loaded" tripod for
> some time yet. Rotator cuff repair physical therapy has just begun
> and all it does is stir up the agony for another lousy night.
> Can't raise a camera to my eye without hearing my therapist yell at
> me. (it is VERY uncomfortable to do so). Fall photo drive has been
> called off and I'm now enjoying photography vicariously through the
> "list". Complete healing estimated at 6 months. I will have lost all
> my golf callouses by then.

Had my left RC surgery done, then a year later, my right, then 5
months later my right again. Total time unable to hold a camera up
(especially for a vertical shot) was two years, 3 months. Even now the
time aloft for a camera other than my Z10 is a minute or two.

Best of luck - don't stop the PT, even on your own, or you will
relapse. Oh, and don't "help" when it's time top pack and move all
your stuff. Pay or beg for help.

> Wonder IF we'll hear anything about the 60~250 at that time?

Just got the 18-250, so I'm covered (though not as well in build and
sharpness)(theoretically).

Joseph