On 10/8/08, Leon Altoff, discombobulated, unleashed:

>Given new
>cameras coming out every couple of years and even buying into every
>second generation I'm going to drown in cameras eventually if I don't
>find uses for them.  Has anyone else thought of this or already run into
>the problem? and if so what have you done/plan to do?

I have 2 current cameras, only one a DSLR. It was new in 2004 and I am
still using it. Just hiked up to the Pulpit Rock near Stavanger (Norway)
with it and a 24-70 and 70-200 and it performed flawlessly, in the rain
and sun. It's an EOS 1D mark II. That's four years old, 8MP and a sensor
with a 1.3 crop and still on the front line. The other camera is a
rangefinder, Epson R-D1 and although I love it very much, I could do
with a faster buffer and the battery life is worse than abysmal. If they
brought out an R-D2 I would buy it and eBay the R-D1 (as long as it was
identical in every other way).

I'm a happy camper - no plans to change or upgrade. Not for a few years
yet. When I do it will be for a full frame version of the 1D, in
whatever incarnation.

HTH

--

Cheers,