If you have a free PCI expansion slot on your desktop it's cheap.

<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815106007>

With an up to date version of Win XP the drivers may already be resident
in your computer, or you may have to download them from the manufacture
or Microsoft.
I am assuming that your computer has PCI 2.2, (if you bought it after
1998 yet it's rather old you probably do), if you don't then it might be
a bit more expensive.