From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
David J Brooks
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 10:34 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: OT: Nikon D700

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:27 AM, P. J. Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> A new USB 2.0 interface card would be the least expensive upgrade you
> could probably do, and most with XP are plug and play that actually works.

Hummm. I was told by our IT guy when i was still working at MMM, that
to upgrade to usb 2 from usb 1 was costly and expensive, new board and
what not.

Am i wrong, but this card looks like it goes inside the computer, but
it said external in the description./

Dave

> David J Brooks wrote:
>> Hi Maxime
>>
>> I should clarify what i mean by work.:-)
>>
>> I use to work for a large survey engineering company, 800-900
>> employees, but they decided last year, i had to much experience and
>> made to much money for said experience , so a number of us were bought
>> out.
>>
>> What i call a work computer now, and i apologize for not being clear,
>> but i do that a lot, <g>is my PC at home i run my equine photo
>> business from.XP home PC Clone etc.
>>
>> I would and should upgrade, but with me, if it ain't broke, don't fix
it.:-)
>> It still gives me nice prints and colour results, its just sloooow.
>>
>> I'll check that card idea out
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 9:49 AM, Maxime Thériault
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'll go ahead and give you an uncalled for suggestion. Feel free to
ignore
>>> me, obviously.
>>>
>>> You said work PC and so I go assuming a largish company, not a home PC.
You

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815108012&nm_mc=OTC-C1