(snip)

> Well done! There hasn't been a broken bone in the PDML for, oh, weeks.
> Hope it heals quickly and you get back all your previous kickass
> abilities.
>
> You're in a very exclusive set you know - David Beckham, Wayne 'Shrek'
> Rooney, er...
>
> Bob

The hospital orderly who wheeled me around the ER called my cam boot a
"Beckham Boot".  Some googling later I learned that fractured metatarsals
are the current common injury of football (soccer).  One neighbour, a nurse,
asked if I injured myself kicking a ball around, such is the association of
this injury with football.

Thanks for your encouragement, Bob.  BTW, mine is probably the first PDML
fracture in many a day that wasn't caused by a cycling / motorcycling
accident.

Regards, Anthony