Given the choice between a hand / arm injury and a foot / leg injury (now
that I've experienced both) I'd chose foot anytime.  It might limit mobility
more, but at least I can still write, feed myself and attend to my personal
hygiene.

It sounds like you have some major guilt to pay out.  My sympathy goes out
to you, Dave.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Regards, Anthony