Hi Christine,

Chiming in here to ditto what Bob said about using a 28mm.  Oftentimes
for me, the 50mm is too close for what I want.  I switch out to the FA
28/2.8 - for me, this is a light weight, compact set-up, especially on
the istDS.  If I really have to bring one small lens, this is it.

Try it out, you might really like it too.