On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Paul Stenquist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I sometimes called him "Wilbur." With his droopy eyes and long face,
> he looked like a Wilbur. Marlene, who nursed him through puppydom,
> called him "Wee." My mom -- great, great grandma -- who came to know
> him as both she and he were living their last days,  called him "Old
> Sock," And he dutifully sat by her side as she ate, knowing that she
> would share her meals with him, no matter how hard we tried to
> persuade her otherwise. When he had the opportunity, he would sneak
> into her room and lay at her feet. He loved us all very much, but his
> last and most obvious  love was Grace. He didn't like it when someone
> tried to move him by tugging on his collar, but he let Grace move him
> by tugging on his hair. He followed her as she played and smiled
> contentedly as she rode him, sat on him, and slept on him.
>
> Several months ago, he became ill. He soldiered on, and we did what
> we could to comfort him. But this weekend his burden grew too large
> for even this big-hearted dog to bear, and this morning he went to
> sleep for the last time. Willy was a good dog, and a good dog is one
> of the best things that one can be.
>

> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3152929

Paul, losing a family member is one of the hardest things we must
bear.  Willy was as much a part of your family as any human.

My partner Judy and I both send our condolences and our thoughts to
you, your family and Willy.

How's Grace taking this?  It must be tough on her.  Our thoughts
especially go to her...

regards,
frank and Judy

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -Henri Cartier-Bresson