From: Rebekah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I collect mis-minted coins....they fascinate me.
>
> John - lucky find, are you going to hang on to it or throw it to the
> wolves on ebay?

I'll hang on to it.

I just looked on eBay because it seemed the quickest way to find out
what it might be worth. The value from it being interesting is more than
it would bring on eBay even if I did want to sell it.

I've got some other odd money I've run across over the years that I
figured were worth keeping - half dollars from the year I was born (no
silver dollars minted that year); an 1894 Morgan dollar; any other
silver dollars that came my way; some $2 bills - Bicentennial and not
Bicentennial, including a $2 red letter U.S. Note; a bunch of
miscellaneous silver coins & old pennies (wheat & steel - no indian
heads yet) ...

... and pride of place goes to a Greenback dollar (large size bill) that
I picked up for a song.

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Jh4KjPP-o

None of it's really high value stuff, but they all have some fun connection.

One interesting coin I missed my chance on years ago was a Spanish
colonial silver dollar, the original 8 bits (Real de a Ocho) - pieces of
eight.

Someone evidently found a boatload of 'em - sunk off the coast of
Florida - and they were advertising them for about $10 each at the time
in the back of Smithsonian Magazine. Cheapest I've seen since is $500 or
more.

That, and I'd like to have a $20 gold piece ... but I don't expect to
acquire either one of 'em ... together their price is about equal the
price of a new K20D, which what I'm saving my real money to buy.

Or perhaps whatever follows on after that, being as it's taking so long
to save enough.