From: "P. J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I  also found it interesting that they had posted a sign that stated in
> part that, "... passing beyond this point, indicates your assent to
> being  in the movie...", which is patently false, to avoid legal
> problems they still  need signed releases from anyone who shows up on
> camera.

Actually, no they don't. The same "fair use" that protects your right to
photograph in a public place, gives them cover as long as your
appearance is fairly anonymous.

If you appear fleetingly in some scene showing pedestrians, gawkers or
bystanders of any sort in the background, but are not singled out or
prominently featured in any way, they don't need a release.

If they zoomed in on your face for a closeup, then they would.

Also, if they caught any part of your argument with the ass producer and
wanted to use THAT, they'd have to get a release.

I'm in some B-movie filmed here in NC in the 80s. They used a newly
opened section of I-40 near Wilmington, NC for filming.

It was open for about a week, then closed again - and they DIDN'T put up
a sign about it being used as a movie set. It was open the day before
when I drove down, and closed when I was going back home the next day.

I ignored the barricade, and drove on through. And I thought I wasn't
the only one, because it looked like normal traffic on the highway.

Next thing I know, some asshole in a hopped up car comes flying past me
and dozens of police cars chasing him.

A few minutes later, I see them all heading down the other side, going
the other way ???

Then, here they all come back past me again ... W.T.F. is going on here?

Finally, I go under an overpass, and there's a film crew on the
embankment with the director, and all the hangers on, and a camera
mounted on a hydraulic boom capturing the whole thing ... and some guy
yelling "KEEP MOVING, KEEP MOVING!"

Which I did.  ;-D

A friend who saw the movie said there was a big blue Chevy van like mine
in a chase scene.

So, I don't think they need a release.