On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There's some pretty serious moonshine operations out there. Places with
> virtual private armies where the police don't even like to go. Dealing
> in moonshine and North Carolina's second biggest cash crop (after
> tobacco, of course) - marijuana.

I still can't get over smoking in restaurants in North Carolina.  I
guess you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you, but still...

Mind you, I noticed the smoke as I peered through the steam rising off
my plate of biscuits and gravy (something we don't have in The Great
White North, I'm afraid).  Man they tasted good!  I suspect, however
that a steady diet of those things would clog the arteries in about
six months (although one young lady was telling us that she had them
every single morning, and she seemed quite healthy...).

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -Henri Cartier-Bresson