Raining, wow. I would've bought a lottery ticket on
that day! It was only about 116 when we went through
Furnace Creek on the way to Death Valley Junction, and
that was back in the middle of May. My Dad drove with
me and was saying how he wanted to play the golf
course there even though temperatures of 130 aren't
uncommon during the summer. The man is insane.

Everything is still there. The hotel is still running
and Marta still does a show every Friday and Saturday
evening from October~May. She's 85 now and no longer
dances due to a bad knee but does what she calls, "The
sitting down show." Up until about 6-7 years ago she
was still dancing on point. What's incredible, as you
know since you've seen how isolated Amargosa is,
people flock to it from Pahrump, Nevada, 35 miles away
just to see her performances. The night we were there
the show was sold out which is the norm.

-Brendan