On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:35 AM, Thibouille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> They claim here that the AF algorithms were reviewed...
> http://www.pentax.jp/english/news/2008/200819.html
>
> Also there's a new AF-Amode, whatever it is... I'm curious.

AF-A is intelligent switching between AF-S and AF-C. Nikon and
Sony/Minolta have had it for a while (It's a Minolta innovation) and
Canon calls it AI Servo.

> As for the DA-L lenses those have plastic mount, no QuickShift and no
> distance markings on the focussing ring. The a lighter as well. They
> will be sold *only* as kit with the K-M.
> Other versions will live on...

Good, I'd much rather have the DA versions, which are gems. But light
is always an advantage.

> Also it seems it certain maker the camera is to be marketed under the
> K2000 name.

Which is a better name for it all-round.

Overall I'm relatively impressed with the K-m. It's what the K200D
should have been. The still-crippled buffer is much more forgivable in
a low end body than one priced the way the K200D was. hopefully Pentax
will bring out  a new K200D replacement for PMA with better specs.

-Adam