On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Bob W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> No, no, no. There was only one fork in the whole world! But it had
> such prestige that people brought a cadena containing only a spoon -
> the fork space was there simply to impress. You see, the whole world
> was caught in a lie that no one could break out of. It was only Popes,
> Emperors and the Negus who ever owned THE fork, but to boost their own
> standing lesser mortals would make space in their cadena for the time
> in some unspecified future when they would rise to being Pope, Emperor
> or Negus. Nobody at that time had thought of actually making another
> fork, except of course Joan of Arc, and we toasted her with it.

Actually, in a fantastic kingdom somewhere past India, Prester Johanne
had thousands of forks.  The unicorns had to eat with something, as
you can well imagine.

European explorers, soldiers and adventurers went searching for this
mythical kingdom over a period of hundreds of years, based on a letter
that circulated among the courts, however despite near misses, the
Kingdom was never found.  It was later said that the letter(s) were a
hoax, but I think they only said that to explain their lousy sense of
direction and the fact that they never found it.

It seems that whevever they came to the fork in the road they chose
the wrong way.  They said "we won't get fooled this tine..."

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -Henri Cartier-Bresson