No, no, no. There was only one fork in the whole world! But it had
such prestige that people brought a cadena containing only a spoon -
the fork space was there simply to impress. You see, the whole world
was caught in a lie that no one could break out of. It was only Popes,
Emperors and the Negus who ever owned THE fork, but to boost their own
standing lesser mortals would make space in their cadena for the time
in some unspecified future when they would rise to being Pope, Emperor
or Negus. Nobody at that time had thought of actually making another
fork, except of course Joan of Arc, and we toasted her with it.

Bob

<http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3281/2873443880_d16e513f24_o.jpg>