for those times, when it is raining outside (or its equivalent) and you
have absolutely nothing else to do....

a bit long... but i personally enjoyed reading it, though i am not a
'financial' guy....

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/taleb08/taleb08_index.html

"When Nassim Taleb talks about the limits of statistics, he becomes
outraged. "My outrage," he says, "is aimed at the scientist-charlatan
putting society at risk using statistical methods. This is similar to
iatrogenics, the study of the doctor putting the patient at risk." As a
researcher in probability, he has some credibility. In 2006, using FNMA
and bank risk managers as his prime perpetrators, he wrote the
following:

    The government-sponsored institution Fannie Mae, when I look at its
    risks, seems to be sitting on a barrel of dynamite, vulnerable to
    the slightest hiccup. But not to worry: their large staff of
    scientists deemed these events "unlikely."