On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:30:55 -0400
John Sessoms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok, I was wondering how I got that link. The man has some very
> interesting ideas ... but what I took away from his essay about the
> 4th quadrant is the proposed wall street bailout ain't gonna' work.

don't know to what extent this actually reflects the realities on the
ground, but if this Guardian article by Andrew Clark is true, the
'bailout' plan seems aimed at those responsible for the crisis. btw,
this article was carried in the newspapers here today....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/sep/26/useconomy.usa

<quote>
Those on the ground doubt that the Bush administration's banking
bailout will chime agreeably with struggling families. Drew Sygit, a
property consultant at The Lending Edge in Detroit, said: "I don't know
if anyone in the Detroit area cares, or can see that this package is
supposed to be in their best interests. For many people, it's a case
of, 'Hey, I lost my house and some of the people who put us in this
situation are being bailed out'," he said.
</quote>