On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Tom Rittenhouse wrote:

> Really nice, but could you or I get that, not having a $100/hr
> PhotoShop expert to tweak our scans for us?
>
> I have already decided that such prints will not be considered for the prizes,
> but should I consider them for rating the printer? What do you think?

Sure, why not?  If the scale against which you're measuring them includes
something like excellent or gorgeous custom prints made by hand by a
superb custom printer, then it's only fair.  Why rate digital prints
against $100/hr custom film prints if you're not going to allow expert
digital prints?

chris