John Celio wrote:
 - Cotty won't have to eat his hat and the rest of us won't have to
re-invest in new 35mm lenses.

Most of mine are 35mm.

Er, I meant digital-optimized 35mm lenses (like the D-FA macros).

All I know is, the DA lenses I own or have used perform immensely better than older 35mm lenses on digital. I'm a BIG fan of the DA line, and would not like to have to go back to 35mm-format lenses.
I think this is where I usually point out that "DA" does not necessarily mean the lens will not cover the 35mm (film) format. People have in fact posted pictures that shows the opposite for some of the models, and it was rumoured that others (the "long" primes, mainly) were originally designed as "D-FA" lenses, then changed to "DA" not because of format issues, but because the aperture ring was dropped.

And also that you may well be able to use smaller-format lenses in "crop mode" on a future FF body to produce exactly the same pictures you do today. (If you got a 24x36 sensor with slightly more than 30Mp, which does not seem unlikely, you could crop the output to "APS-C" size and still have the 14Mp of the K20D left.)

- Toralf