Hi Wendy,

There are at least two different screens used in th K-1000 over
the years (not taking into account the split-image screen of the
K-1000 SE): the older version had a matte-field screen with
circle and microprisms, not very bright but easy to focus; the
later version had a plain matte-field screen with brighter
microprisms, almost invisible when a fast lens is used. With the
latter version the focusing is not so easy, because you can
hardly see the microprisms, but the finder appear pleasantly
bright.

I wouldn't say that the LX finder has yellow cast... I'd rather
say that the K-1000 finder has a blueish cast...
If you compare the two side by side you'll probably agree with
me. If you look through the finder and then open the other eye
you should be able to compare the scene you are pointing at and
what you are looking in the finder.
It'a matter of taste, too, though.

Gianfranco
(who, in spite of what stated above, likes the K-1000 finder and
the K-1000 itself very much...)

wendy beard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I took a recently acquired K1000 out to play today. The
clarity of the
> viewfinder nearly blew my socks off!
> I was using a 50mm f1.4, which probably helped, but I noticed
that the
> focusing screen was clear. Is this a standard screen in
K1000s?

=====
http://greetings.yahoo.com