Hi Wendy,

Your comment on the LX viewfinder is quite surprising.  Having used four
or five LXs (I now have three), several different viewfinders, and many
different focusing screens, in all honesty I can say that I've never
experienced your complaint.  A while back I was shooting with another
list member, and he used one of my LX.  It was fitted with an A28/2.0
and an SA-23 screen, and he was just "blown away" (his words) by the
brightness and clarity compared to his PZ-1p and Tokina lenses.

Admittedly things get a little dark when using slower lenses (4.0 and
the like), but switching to the correct LX screen seems to help.  OTOH,
with a 1.4 lens there should certainly be adequate light and ample
contrast.  I often wear my dark sunglasses when photographing with the
LX.

--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]