On 6/10/08, John Celio, discombobulated, unleashed:

>What sort of philosphy do you have when working with your photos, both
>old and new?

Interesting you should mention this. Very recently I was looking back
through my archive for some pictures of our old house from a couple of
years ago. We were there about 15 years, and my son grew up there til
the age of 12. I came across shots I do not recall taking, some quite
sensitive family shots (son in agony or ecstasy) and a whole raft of
memories and emotions cascading down. I was actually quite drained after
a couple of hours of that.

I didn't think I would have been so affected. It was draining.

I couldn't detach myself from the pictures and treat them simply as
photographs - they drew me in and I could not fight it. Objectivity
simply went away.

More recent pictures I can look at and be cruel, deleting at will. The
olders ones opened my mind and I could not delete a single one.

Food for thought.....

--

Cheers,
  Cotty