2008/10/13 Jan van Wijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> But the prime has NO drive-shaft.

Exactly.

> Live with it, KAF lenses are LESS capable than KAF2 ones are.
> (allthough they could be faster at what to can do, SDM)

:-)
I'm not whining. SDM is worth it.

I look very much forward to testing SDM performance in the cold. As in
-10 °C and lower. I expect this system to be vastly superior to the
shaft-driven AF with manual touch-up. In fact, that's my main gripe
with the trusty old DA 16-45/4 zoom; the AF could hardly move in the
cold. The reason was that the friction in the system became too strong
when the materials cooled. Warm batteries didn't help one bit either.

Jostein
--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com