On Oct 21, 2008, at 8:05 AM, David J Brooks wrote:

I still don't see the big deal of FF.

I know people say then their 24 will be a 24. not a 35 equivalent,
etc, but just do what I do.

I step back a bit.:-)

The idiocy is that a 24mm lens is *always* a 24mm lens. The focal length only defines a field of view in the context of a format definition.

I see nothing particularly special about so-called "full frame" ... personally, I always thought 2:3 proportions were too oblong anyway. I'd rather have 4:5 or 3:4 proportion formats.

I guess 6x4.5 isn't "full frame" either ... I mean, after all, there're 6x4.5, 6x6, 6x7, 6x8, 6x12, and 6x17 cm formats on 120mm roll film. And many of those cameras can share lenses. Which of them is "full frame", I wonder... ?

Godfrey