Here's my ramblings on the Assigned December shots:

"Fleeting Time"
by Jackie Lee Mowery

First off, looks like your scanner is good like mine.  I always want to
clean the glass but it does not help :(.  Makes the images look a little
dusty.  I need to say that I didn't notice the cat in the window until about
my tenth look. HAR!  I think we have the same chair.....  I am wondering if
the subjects know you posted this picture to the "world".  It doesn't seem
like the most flattering photo of either of them.  I'd like to see the
mother's eye a little more.  Nicoli's face is a bit out of focus.  Like Mr.
Robb, I do like the candid family shot.  And it "feels" like a picture I
myself would find poking out of my print packet while I'm walking to the
car.

"Volleyball at the Pier"
by Steve Larson

1000mm lens huh?  I seem to recall an episode of "Chips" where there was a
guy at the beach with a big telephoto lens....or I might be making it up.
Good action shot.  The sand looks a little washed out.  And there's a weird
lavender tone to the whole shot.  I'd like a bit more depth of field, the
blue hat guy's face is a focus point I'd like to see.  I wonder what other
points of reference you could have included.  The net or the water or
something?  Takes me back to my volleyball class at the university.  Except
that it was in the field house in Northern Michigan and it was -20 degrees
and snowing outside ;)

Cory Waters