From: "Scott Loveless" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
n 10/24/08, John Sessoms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> From: "Scott Loveless" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > Continuing the "Batteries" thread.........
> >
> > I'd like to get an inverter for the car to run a AA battery charger,
> > cell phone charger and the laptop.

>  The cheap one is probably a square wave inverter, which shouldn't bother
> your laptop in the least. But, you'd probably be better off getting the 12v
> DC power cable that goes with your laptop instead of inverting and
> re-rectifying the power.
<sniped>

>  Somewhere I have a 12v DC charger for AA NiMH batteries.

That would be ideal.  However, I've lost the DC charger for my phone,
and don't have one for the laptop or the AA batteries.  The reason for
getting the inverter was to save a few bucks and plug this stuff in
with the existing wall warts.

Yeah, I understand that. I don't think you'll save money in the long run, because it will work so poorly you'll eventually end up getting the DC adapters anyway.

But I hope I'm wrong about that.