paul,

I have two MZ-S bodies and have experienced neither of your problems.
I have run some bulk loaded film through them.  I have found that with
bulk loading, too many frames and/or plastic cartridges can cause
binding during wind/rewind.  I have seen this more on the rest of the
MZ line, which don't have very powerful motors.

It does sound like you might have a unique problem that needs
attention from Pentax.  Certainly this is the first time I have heard
of it.

Bruce Dayton