On Nov 6, 2008, at 13:46, Bob Sullivan wrote:

Charles,
I know your in one of those blue states, but have you forgot how to
sunset programs and reduce spending on things that are less important?

Nope... Great idea, though. Just gotta pry the money out of everyone's fingers, which is never easy.

Hey, I didn't say I had the answer. :-) Just that you can't spend without taxing... it can't be done. How much spending and how much taxing you do will always be in flux, but you can't have one without the other.

Politics is always a matter of who GETS and who GIVES UP something.
It's always easiest to suggest that you get and somebody else pays.

Would that I were so lucky. I'm pretty much the other way around. Giving more than I get. (sigh)

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Minneapolis, MN