----- Original Message ----- From: "PN Stenquist"
Subject: Re: Opinions about DA 17-70/4 SDM wanted

You have to take everything you read on the other forum with a grain of salt. I suspect that paranoia sets in the moment one of those guys purchases the 16-50. I doubt that the problems is still evident in anything other than the minds of the misfits.

That would be why Klaus' recent test at Photozone (BTW, I'm not defending Klaus, I think he's pretty useless), had two samples of the lens that were untestable? There is alot of cheerleading going on at the other forum, you'd fit in well :-}. Seriously though, there are ongoing concerns regarding the build of that lens on the other forum vs. your "I'm sure it's been resolved." For a bunch of cheerleaders (and I've been pilloried over there a few times for not being partof the oompah team), they seem very suspcious of the 16-50 still.

I think until there is a version two of the lens, or at least until pentax themselves releases a statement that they have fixed the assembly issue, that lens remains very suspect.

William Robb