From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2008 2:37 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: DA* 16-50 review at photozone

Then you'l be missing out on a very fine lens. Certainly one of the best
zooms Pentax has ever produced. And I'd be surprised if it's not a lot
better than the 17-70. Paul
From: Boris Liberman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Let's just say that either measured or shown by example, the distortion
at wide end makes this lens a no-go for me.

Boris

Subash wrote:
http://www.photozone.de/pentax/405-pentax_1650_28

<quote>

Verdict

It is difficult to find a final verdict for the Pentax SMC DA* 16-50mm f/2.8 ED [IF] SDM. On the one hand it has some obvious problems like a weak border performance at max. aperture and very pronounced lateral chromatic aberrations (CAs). On the other hand it

is really very sharp and contrasty at medium aperture settings (f/5.6-8) and many users may actually forgive the border problems at

f/2.8 because you either stop down for conventional photography or rely on the (very sharp) center for shallow depth-of-field situations (e.g. portraits) anyway. The build quality of the lens is

also a step up from the consumer grade Pentax lenses and the silent (although not overly speedy) SDM is an extra bonus on top. The pricing of the Pentax 16-50mm f/2.8 is fair relative to its performance and build quality.

</quote>

follow

follow the directions.