John Celio wrote:
DoF changes somewhat between formats. Also I've generally found that
the acceptable CoC used for DoF marking calculations is rather
optimistic for digital use (30 micron CoC's don't play well with 6
micron sensor sites)

Could you restate that in less technical language? I'd appreciate it. Also, how exactly does DoF "change somewhat"? What causes this change?

DoF is a function (in part) of magnification. An APS-C image has to be magnified more to get the same "print" size than a 35mm full frame does (the "crop factor"). So the DoF isn't as "deep" on APS-C as the same image on 35mm full frame.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)