Well, if you look at an artist's rendition of North American Natives, from the 16th century, it's surprising how Northern European they look. Either there was more contact between Eastern NA and Western Europe than normally contenceced, or you paint what you know...

Bob Sullivan wrote:
Thanks Steve,
That's the icon I remember frm my youth.
The church/parish I grew up in was named Divine Infant.
Seeing Franks picture, and knowing more about the middle east now,
I was struck by how northern european those faces looked.
Regards,  Bob S.