On Nov 23, 2008, at 12:18 , Bob W wrote:

[...]

I had an MG B Roadster for a few years, but ended up giving it away after it
rotted from spending too much time parked outdoors. To bring it up to
standard would have cost more than it would have been worth, and given the nature of the traffic and the weather around here it wasn't bringing in
enough fun to be worth the extra.

However, there is (or was) a thriving market over here for US MGs and
similar cars, particularly Californian ones, because they tend to be in far better condition than ones that have been brought up over here. Might be
worth your while to investigate.

Bob

We probably all had MGBs. I had a 64 from 66 until about 71, when I got a VW Camper. Kept the MG running after a rebuild and repaint following getting T-boned by a taxi in San Francisco in 68. Bought my wife Susan a 64 as well, and she got T-boned by a trolley! Never had that one fixed, just drove it for another 3 years. Did have to rebuild the trannies in both within a few weeks of each other. In a rented garage, dark, cold, and smelly. I'll never forget that chore.

I do seem to think that buying identical cars for the better half saves on parts and troubleshooting. But it has done nothing to keep either marriage together... :-)

I have photos taken with my Spotmatic if I ever find the negs.

Joseph McAllister
Lots of gear, not much time