Matamoros, Cesar A. wrote:
> Volleyball at the Pier - Steve Larson, USA
> I am wondering if the softness of the image is due to the lens.  I
> am not familiar with your lens.  I'd like to give it a try :-)  That is
the
> only thing I dislike about the image.
> Some people would want more outside the two players to be seen.
> Some may even want the water.  This would, in my opinion, detract from the
> two players, the team at work.  This may be because of my familiarity with
> playing beach volleyball.  This brings back the whole aspect of the game -
> unfortunately the three people I used to play with have left this area.
> Something I miss terribly.
> So, I guess I am saying that this shot talks to me.  I can see the
> individual form of the digger/setter. That has always intrigued me how the
> arms and hands of all the diggers/setters I have seen seem to be
different.
> I can read the other player anticipating what he is going to do and make
it
> all work out for the team.  I can go on, but you get where I am going with
> this.
> Other than the softness, and not knowing the conditions and actual
> colors of the scene, this is a good shot.  Well done.
>

> César Matamoros II
> Panama City, Florida
> in New York, New York

Hi César,
 Thanks for the comments. I`m glad you liked it as an "action shot".  The
1000mm I`m still trying to figure out, in the pic I think the focus was a
little too much in the foreground, I should have added another stop
maybe, because I was just about at "close focus" (100 ft.) with the
pic. I don`t know where the weird color of the whole pic came from,
probably the scanner. The softness I have to work out with different
shutter release method and/or tripod.  It sounds like you really
enjoy beach volleyball César, my wife played a lot too.
Thanks again for taking time to comment.
Steve Larson
Redondo Beach, California