Thanks, Bob.

The doors in the middle of the right-hand wall lead to a staircase down to the
"midway," and thence to the platforms.  Ditto doorways one can't see in this
shot in the far right corner and near right corner.

I've never been to the Pittsburgh station--in fact, I'm embarrassed to say that
I've never been to Pittsburgh.

Rick

http://photo.net/photos/RickW