> If I was looking to fill out a small, fast kit with an LX, I
> would probably go M28/2, M50/1.4, and K135/2.5 for $400 if you
> bargain shop.  You might substitute a K or A24/2.8 on the wide
> end or if speed was not a concern, a K28/3.5 for $150 less than
> the M28/2.

That is pretty much what I have.  24mm 2.8, M50mm 1.4, 135mm 2.5 (though
this is a Takumar, oh well... :))

I found that the wide angle is great for spec applications.  The 50 is the
most used one for sure.  (low light, general app)  But the 135 is just too
long.  I can only use it to do portrait outdoor.  If I'd have a huge
studio I could see it being useful, but not for general portrait work.
This is why I am looking for an 85mm.  I will probbaly keep the 135 unless
one of my Hungarian friends will really want to take it off my hand.  It's
not really worth money if you know what I mean.

I also have a 50-250 Tokina ATX zood.  If I even need zood, it's there, so
the 135 is really NOT doing me much good.

Levente -Levi- Littvay
University of Nebraska-Lincoln