I was comparing the two for the amount of glaciation left ... made me think I should dig out my 1976 shot from the same angle... I was there in June of that year, so the comparison for that purpose to Jack's is more apt...

But the startling glacier receding shots of mine are comparing 1976 with 1992 at the Athabasca Glacier at Jasper.
Does anyone have a recent shot of it to share?

ann

Jack Davis wrote:

Certainly not in the spirit of competition (I know better), but just to
celebrate my feelings about this location.
This taken in April or May of 1995 when my wife and I did Banff and Jasper Ntl
PK's. Was early AM and no one else about. I leaned over a rock wall, reached
down and rested my ME Super (w/K24mm) vertically on a boulder. Couldn't see
through the viewfinder, so set a hyper focus guess. I cropped some of the
foreground boulders to give it what I felt was a better composition.
Was a variety of color neg film that I'm too lazy to dig out to check. Don't
recall the ISO, but was shooting some 200 in those days.

Jack

Comments welcome of course.

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=354