From: ann sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: PESO: My Sorry Lake Louise
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 10:24 AM
Yes - that is the Athabasca ... IT feeds the river of the
same name...
I will definitely dig up my comparison shots....

I know Moraine Lake, of course --

(I've been to the Canadian Rockies 4 times... though
the last time  I wasn't as far north as Jasper...)

The lack of snow and low water has to do with when you were
there  of course - not just in terms of
months but what year it was.... WHen I was there in June of 1976 I was walking in snow to
get around to the otherside of the lake at Lake Louise...
I had hoped to climb up the trail to MT Burgess to poke
around the outcrops for trilobites in the Burgess shale...
alas, there was much too much snow on the trail.

I was there just about summer Solstice time.    In 1992 I
saw the Athabasca in late April.

ann

Jack Davis wrote:

I have no Idea of the name of the glacier you're
referring to, but we ate in a large rustic restaurant across
from a glacier on which tourists were being driven in buses.
I may have a shot and will take a look. Remember we were
there early spring and the area would likely be carrying
slightly more snow and ice than when you were there in June.
If I can locate my shot of Lake Moraine, (near Louise)
I may get a small web scan done. If you're ever been
there, you will be struck by the lack of snow and the low
water. I had a large print made of it after returning home,
but grew to regard it as a so so shot and probably relegated
the neg to my oblivion file. Thanks for commenting.
--- On Mon, 12/8/08, ann sanfedele