On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Mark Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Answer the question: Who was the first PDML'er you met in person?
>
> In my case: I don't quite remember. It might have been Frank when I went up
> to Toronto to meet with Michael Reichmann and we arranged a TOPDML gathering
> at C'est What. Or it might have been Doug Brewer at GFM. I don't remember
> which came first but it I suspect it was Doug.
>
> So, Frank or Doug. In either case, you can tell what kind of effect it had
> on me...

Geez, I had to think long and hard for this one, but after I'd nearly
finished a longish list of possibilities, it clicked:  It was Brendan.
 Sadly, my mushy aging brain doesn't want to recall Brendan's last
name!  Dave, what's Brendan's last name?

I tried to get an inaugural TOPDML thing going, but everyone dropped
out at the last minute, so Brendan and I got together for beer or
three and so I could ogle his 400mm something-or-other.

We decided to have another TOPDML a couple of weeks later, at which
time I think I met Dave Brooks, Dave Chang-Sang, Jeff Tokayer, Aaron
Reynolds (all long since left except of course for Dave).

I don't remember the year.  I barely remember what I had for dinner
last night...

;-)

cheers,
frank