From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of PN
Stenquist
Sent: Thursday, 11 December 2008 12:05 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Workflows and Protection

I've found that unauthorized use of my images has only helped me gain
exposure. Frequently the unauthorized user provides at least a credit.
I think that making images small and marred by copyright notices only
hurts one' promotional efforts in the long run. But that's just my
opinion. I do demand payment if one of my images appears in a medium
that is obviously part of a commercial venture, but that's rare. Most
pilfered images appear only in personal and non-profit sites or are
used merely for comping. I also should point out that when an image is
pilfered for ad comping purposes, it may well be purchased later. But
if it's so small or disfigured that it can't be used for comping, the
art director will pass it up.

Here's an example of an unauthorized use of one of my photos that I
just discovered. Not it has a credit. I didn't complain. I just smiled:
http://koah.over-blog.com/article-17859115.html

By the way, does anyone know what this site is all about? I assume the
language is French?

Paul

follow the directions.