Rick,
We went to my 93 year old aunt's funeral in Boston this weekend.
We spent time with my cousin, her daughter, looking at old photos.
There were no slides, but plenty of snapshots with old Brownie cameras.
There was lots of trash, but some pearls too.
I think we'll go back out this summer and shoot some copies.
(This side of my family always did photos and I appreciate it now.)
(I saw a little album of 5 or 6 - 2.5 inch square B&W photos.
I recognized myself at 6 years old, taken on a central Illinois farm.
Also pictures of my brother at 1.5 years and my sister at 6 months
on the same farm... all taken by my aunt on a hot day.)
Regards,  Bob S.