Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
On Dec 15, 2008, at 8:06 PM, Rick Womer wrote:

It also reminded me of a key disadvantage of digital. I pulled out slides and negs I shot in 1965, and they're a bit dusty and faded, but viewable with a light box and loupe, and printable. Will anybody be able to view my DNGs in 2051?

Your DNGs ... possibly.
Your JPEGs and TIFFs ... certainly.

I've not lost a single digital image I've created, starting in 1984. I don't know how many thousands of negatives, slides, and prints have been lost as I could never account them properly. I don't miss them.

Same here. I've lost far more negatives and slides than digital images.
Far easer to backup, store, organize and find digital stuff, too.