The Panasonic G1 was just too enticing to resist. It arrived yesterday. I put the FourThirds to micro43 adapter on it, then a Pentax K to FourThirds adapter on that, fitted a Pentax-A 2x-S Rear Converter and a Pentax-M 50mm f/1.4 lens.

Here's a quick hand-held test shot with the Pentax combo lens setup made at ISO 400 and f/2.8, about 1/400 sec exposure:

  http://homepage.mac.com/godders/177-rainyday.jpg
  Rainy Day - Sunnyvale 2008
  Panasonic G1 + Pentax M50/1.4 + Pentax 2x-S teleconverter

One of the neat things about using adapted lenses on this camera is that you can see the actual effect of stopping down the lens live without the viewfinder getting dark. Exposure system is very accurate and the MF Assist magnification works beautifully.

The field of view with this combo is a little long for hand holding, for me anyway, so I doubt I'll use it much. The imaging qualities are quite nice, though ... it is kinda funny looking on the camera ... a quick snap:

  http://homepage.mac.com/godders/177-equipment.jpg

Godfrey