At 1:00 PM -0500 12/20/08, JC OConnell wrote:
Its almost 2009 - Who's still shooting 35mm film?

I have only shot one roll since going with a DSLR
a couple years ago. I am wondering, anyone on this
list still using 35mm film at all, or still using
35mm film full time?

I shoot film probably 60% - 70% of the time. About 30 rolls of 35mm and 10 - 15 rolls of 120/220 per year. I like the look of Velvia and I figure if I want black and white images then I may as well shoot black and white film. I like the handling of my Pentax film cameras better than my *ist D. Also, I have a better selection of Pentax lenses for 35mm than I do for digital (especially at the wide end), and I am reluctant to spend a lot of money on DA lenses because I'm not sure about the long term viability of the APS size sensor format.

Finally, I persist with film because I still have some old Miranda cameras and lots of Miranda lenses from the '60s and '70s. Optically they are gorgeous. Unfortunately the camera bodies are wearing out so I am using them less and less.

--

Steve Sharpe
d...@ns.sympatico.ca

http://earth.delith.com/photo_gallery.html