On 26/12/08, Cory Waters, discombobulated, unleashed:

On top of that all that, my father passed away quite suddenly and we had to take a road trip up to Michigan for the funeral. It's a two thousand
mile round trip.
I hadn't posted anything to the list about my father yet.  Our
relationship wasn't by any means a normal one and I'm OK with his
passing.  At the risk of sounding morbid and unseemly, if you're going
to die from lung cancer, getting it all over with in a week is likely
the preferable way to go about it.

My condolences, sorry I missed this post yesterday.