Mike Johnston wrote:
> Maybe I've just been immersed in "photography culture" for too long,
> but the Jack Hanna nature-guy type of thing doesn't make a connection
> to photography for me.  [Snip....]

> I'd bet dollars to doughnuts I could come up with a marketing campaign
> that would spike Pentax's sales.

Crikey!!  We don't need the Aussie Alligator Man hawking Pentax cameras.
Pentax would do better to enlist the aid of Jesse "The Body/ The Governor/
The Shameless Huckster" Ventura to sell their wares to the American public.
<VBG>  I see him standing there on the TV screen in front of a white
background, MZ-S in hand.  But I suppose the viewing public would have too
much trouble distinguishing this from yet another commercial for The Gap.
;-)

By the way, I see in the latest Sears insert in yesterday's newspaper that
Sears is now stocking the ZX-50, selling it as a package with the SMC-F
28-80 for $299.  First time I've seen a ZX-50 advertised in any US
department store's print ads.

Bill Peifer
Rochester, NY