On Jan 7, 2009, at 8:53 PM, Boris Liberman wrote:

I had my modest shoulder bag, the G1 fitted with Olympus 25mm lens, some stuff for the galleries (a folio or two), and my usual complement of carryabout junk in the form of cell phone, ipod, notebook, voice recorder, pens, etc. About two-three pounds of stuff, total, and nothing in my pockets.
Why do you carry a notebook computer *and* an ipod with you? And a voice recorder too?

I didn't say a "notebook computer". I said a notebook ... you know, the kind you use a marking implement (pen or pencil) to write in ... ?
  ];-)

The iPod Touch is my casual wander about email tool, and has my address book and calendar in it too. And music/lectures/etc for when I want some diversion. The voice recorder serves the same function as the notebook when I'm not able to sit and write ... I often grab it and yell thoughts to myself in it when I can't otherwise stop and write in the notebook.

 Equipment often gets in the way of photography.
It always does, isn't it?

Not always; it's necessary to the task of making photographs. But it does often get in the way, yes.