Paul, great results, congratulations!

I am not sure if it is just an optical illusion, but it seems that when
they redrew the grille, they changed it. On the original photo, the
openings appear to be square, if not slightly elongated horizontally.
On the retouched photo, they are rectangular, being longer vertically then
horizontally.

It might be the result of the light-shadow (white-black colors) on the
retouched photo.

If you don't mind, - I am curious, - how did you get your photo
published in a journal like this? Were you comissioned in advance,
did you have just a prior tentative discussion with the editor, or
you submitted it after the fact without any prior arrangement?

Igor