The co was mentioned by some newsperson this morning, as a verbal addendum, but her co-anchor talked over her, making it a murmur.

I'd love to find out exactly who was at the yoke on take-off. On an A 320 once the data is punched into the flight auto-pilot, the plane can and frequently is taken off and performs it climb-out automatically. Same with Boeing's planes. Some Captains have the Co-pilot do the take off. They both should be "at the ready" over the controls during transitions such as take-offs and landings, but the majority of all flights are flown on auto-pilot now days, only interrupted by commands from ATC that would deviate from their input flight plan.

Can't take anything away from "Sully" in this case, as I'm sure whoever was flying, or not, when the strike happened he was apparently the one who took over and landed the thing in the very perfect way that he did.

We will learn more... Aviation Week & Space Technology will have something on it in about 3 months (initial findings) and a final report in about a year.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

http://gallery.me.com/jomac
http://web.me.com/jomac/show.me/Blog/Blog.html